SOURCE Product Reviews
In addition, my inquiry into obtaining an additional accessory that I saw on the website but didn’t see offered for sale led to a superior experience with SOURCE’s customer service. Thank you!
The pair I bought then lasted several years of wearing them virtually everyday while living in China.
I bought a replacement pair directly from Source and again wore them virtually everyday for two years living in the heat of India.
I have just received a third pair, also directly from Source, which I am also wearing almost constantly in South East Asian heat and humidity.
For me absolutely the best sandals ever, and arguably the best footwear I have ever experienced. Very comfortable, strong, durable, including the Velcro strapping which never seems to wear out, excellent design. My previous pairs were replaced due to constant wearing in often harsh conditions.
Source provided excellent customer service in the ordering and delivery of my last two pairs. Thank you!
I use the liquitainer playing golf in the tropical heat and humidity of Malaysia, filling the container and freezing it, then having ice cold water for the entire golf round of about 4 hours.
So far the liquitainer is very strong and durable and the water has no taint or other tastes. Thank you Source!
All the best!
And they've been with me for around 20 years...the travel abroad with me everywhere, they been on the mountain, on the beach, on the rocks, fishing, diving, running, dancing...they been with be since I was a teenager, at university, and even they know my daughter..by they arrived until the end and I have to buy a second ones...
Now on October 2019 I can say thanks Source for such this fantastic product that I discovered 20 years ago! If you look for something comfortable, nice looking and long lasting quality proved...without any discussion: SOURCE CLASSIC MEN...THEY WILL TOUCH YOUR HEART!
I recently took them tubing down the San Marcos river and while everyone else lost footwear to fast currents, my sandals stayed securely strapped to my feet from beginning to end without so much as a thought of adjusting the strap. And as a bonus, they dried in minutes of getting out of the water!
My only suggestion would be a thicker outsole for a longer lasting sandal. I will likely need to get them resoled or replace them because of how much I wear them.
They are very confortable, tough and stylish with their simple soles and nice straps.
- The upper soles. I'll give a try to the leather ones, because the soles are hot! My feet were always asking for cooling down on the floor. They were the first to unglue, after 8 years or so. They are getting smelly when the rubber webbing is worn out.
- The straps : The velcro on mine was perfect but on my girlfriends, the back is always getting open which is a nuisance. On their last year or so, the velcro soft band stitches started to give way.
- The plastic loops securing the straps break. I replaced them with tough cordage, but be aware of it when hiking.
- The outer soles. They are quite resistant to abrasion, do rarely slip and protect your feet from pointy stones, but one has to reglue them regularly when you reach their end of life. Once thin from wear, they start to break on articulated points.
- The middle sole. That one still works great and still holds the straps in place and the upper and outer sole! But some places are getting smelly.
All in all, this sandal is an excellent performer and companion. I love the fact that I can walk in water with those. The flat soles allow for quickly putting stones out. They are easy to clean, and last long.
The only weak point I'd say is the upper sole which is hot, and I'd like to not having anti-bacterial chemicals in daily contact with my feet, with a more natural sole like cotton mesh, leather, cork.