SOURCE Product Reviews (Page 2)
They are very confortable, tough and stylish with their simple soles and nice straps.
- The upper soles. I'll give a try to the leather ones, because the soles are hot! My feet were always asking for cooling down on the floor. They were the first to unglue, after 8 years or so. They are getting smelly when the rubber webbing is worn out.
- The straps : The velcro on mine was perfect but on my girlfriends, the back is always getting open which is a nuisance. On their last year or so, the velcro soft band stitches started to give way.
- The plastic loops securing the straps break. I replaced them with tough cordage, but be aware of it when hiking.
- The outer soles. They are quite resistant to abrasion, do rarely slip and protect your feet from pointy stones, but one has to reglue them regularly when you reach their end of life. Once thin from wear, they start to break on articulated points.
- The middle sole. That one still works great and still holds the straps in place and the upper and outer sole! But some places are getting smelly.
All in all, this sandal is an excellent performer and companion. I love the fact that I can walk in water with those. The flat soles allow for quickly putting stones out. They are easy to clean, and last long.
The only weak point I'd say is the upper sole which is hot, and I'd like to not having anti-bacterial chemicals in daily contact with my feet, with a more natural sole like cotton mesh, leather, cork.
Cons: the bottom side welding (which help the tank holds shape when filled) is not very secure and the outermost layer of the bottom is gradually break away (but neither impair the functionality).